VOX Global’s DC Digital Team is seeking a passionate, talented, & versatile Junior Video Specialist to join our award-winning staff of filmmakers, animators, designers, & creative strategists in a fast-paced agency environment that will challenge your skills in cinematography, editing, motion graphics, photography & other creative disciplines.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented self-starter who feels at home in all phases of production from concept to execution. We’re not just looking for technical expertise, we want someone who has a “make it work” ethic, is a proactive team-player, and approaches every project with innovative thinking and the desire to perpetually challenge our team in crafting engaging creative content for our roster of Fortune 500 clients.
Based in Washington, D.C. and with offices around the country, VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part of the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Assist Video Director in all phases of production including planning, shooting, editing, motion-graphics and sound design for both scripted, documentary-style video, and animation projects. Can operate independently when needed.
- Contribute to a range of visual design work with a primary (70%) focus on motion design and video, and a secondary (30%) focus on providing print/web design support as needed.
- Support production for documentary video projects including conception, shooting, and coordinating locations and on-camera talent.
- Translate client messaging into compelling visual narratives via creative treatments, storyboards, and other visualization methods.
- Collaborate with clients, account managers, and social media strategists to bring creative perspective and make strategic recommendations to large-scale integrated campaigns.
- Ensure high-quality production values and client brand identity are consistently maintained across all work.
- Manage multiple projects across varying phases of production and overlapping deadlines.
- Work with client teams to understand project scope and objectives and contribute to budget and timeline estimates.
- Bachelor’s degree in film production, animation, or a related field.
- 1-3 years professional experience in film, video, and audio production or equivalent body of work.
- 1-3 years of experience in motion graphics, chroma keying, motion tracking, and compositing for digital or broadcast platforms.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud suite, with an emphasis on Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Audition.
- Well-versed in the core principles of visual narrative, composition, color, and typography across a variety of production styles/genres.
- Familiar with content optimization and technical specs for various social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Superior client service skills and the ability to thrive working independently as well as in large interdisciplinary teams.
- Availability for occasional travel for location shoots and night/weekend hours if necessary to meet project requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with 3D modelling software (Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender) a plus.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail in executing creative motion design
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills while working on several projects at once
- Have the ability to work independently and within larger team environments on complex projects
- Have the ability to problem solve and self-teach new technologies
If this description is an accurate representation of your arsenal of skills, please send us the following:
- A link to your website or video channel showcasing your portfolio.
- A cover letter.
- Your resume.
ABOUT VOX GLOBAL
VOX Global is a strategic communications firm that combines decades of experience with the private sector, government, political and nonprofit organizations to create customized programs that raise awareness, influence public opinion and move people to action.
Our strategic approach combines our deep understanding of public perception, influence, stakeholder engagement, media and research to help achieve our clients’ goals. For each project, we build a specialized team that will effectively tell our clients’ stories to the audiences they care about most.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, VOX’s 60+ professionals work in Sacramento, Dallas, Raleigh, Indianapolis, Boston and Nashville. VOX also boasts a national, bipartisan network of more than 400 political and public affairs professionals. Visit us at http://voxglobal.com/