VOX Washington DC
We are seeking a senior designer to bring client stories to life through fresh and inspiring visual design. This individual will collaborate with creative directors, digital strategists and web developers to concept and produce websites and wide ranging designs for digital and print communications.
The ideal person for this role is well versed in web and graphic design, with experience working closely with developers to launch new sites and with content managers to continually improve existing sites. This candidate is enthusiastic about experimentation, collaboration and learning new technologies. He or she is also a proactive communicator who is professional and capable under deadlines and client pressure.
This person will:
- Contribute to a range of visual design work with a focus on web design and digital communications (including digital advertising and social media).
- Create mood boards, site maps, wire frames and other visualizations and present ideas to internal teams and clients.
- Stay up to date on digital design and UX techniques to determine the best way to produce projects.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to share new perspectives and ideas.
- Serve as a liaison with project managers, developers, print vendors, designers and other team members to keep projects running smoothly.
- Work with client teams to understand project scope and objectives and contribute to budget and timeline estimates.
- 4+ years of professional graphic or web design experience.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (in particular, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Bachelors degree in a related field preferred (ie Multimedia, Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Communications).
- An understanding of responsive design principles.
- Basic knowledge of front-end web development is useful including HTML and CSS.
- Experience in working with content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Digital experience at a public affairs agency, political campaign, public relations firm, advertising agency, interactive/web agency, or consultancy is a plus.
- Interest in and current awareness of American political processes, structures and events is a plus.
The right candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as within larger team environments on complex projects.
- Have the ability to problem solve and self-teach new technologies.
- Enjoy mentoring and be ready to help shape the future of VOX Global’s digital practice group.
About VOX Global
Based in Washington, D.C. and with offices around the country, VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part of the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com detailing your fit for this position and attach resume. Please provide a link to online portfolio or samples of your work.