VOX Nashville | VOX Indianapolis | VOX Washington DC
Senior Web Developer
VOX Global is seeking a senior-level web developer versed in WordPress for its growing digital practice. The web developer will be part of a dynamic team of interactive communications specialists and technologists. This team includes strategists, designers, programmers, social media experts, and online advertising leaders. The position can be based in either Indianapolis, Nashville or Washington DC.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will build websites based on design requirements while implementing best practices for usability, responsiveness and interactivity. He/she will develop websites on content management solutions, working with designers and content experts from project initiation through successful launch. Ideal candidates should have experience producing websites from concept through to launch and ongoing improvement. This individual works adeptly in a team environment and can effectively communicate with other developers, designers and non-technical personnel.
Additional responsibilities of the position will include
- Provide digital counsel for colleagues and public affairs clients that range from Fortune 10 businesses to some of the nation’s leading non-profits.
- Manage client expectations and team communication flow relating to project requirements, development and delivery.
- Resolve challenges that arise during the process and develop action plans to address potential project roadblocks.
- Serve as liaison to internal business partners, clients, and third-party vendors to ensure successful project delivery.
- Maintain current knowledge of web standards and best practices, such as responsive design/development.
- 4 – 8 years of professional web development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, graphic or web design, or another related field of study.
- Ability to develop cross-browser and cross-platform solutions
- Advanced knowledge of jQuery
- Broad CMS integration experience, in particular with WordPress and/or Drupal.
- Development experience with APIs (such as Google maps or search, Facebook authentication, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Experience working on Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP environments.
- Familiarity with database management, structure and strategy.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, especially testing and quality assurance.
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines.
- Digital experience at a public affairs agency, political campaign, public relations firm, advertising agency, interactive/web agency, or consultancy is a plus.
- Interest in and current awareness of American political processes, structures and events is a plus.
About VOX Global
Based in Washington, D.C. and with offices around the country, VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com detailing your fit for this position and attach resume. Please provide a link to online portfolio or code samples.