VOX Indianapolis | VOX Washington DC
Web Development Apprenticeship
VOX Global is seeking a web development apprentice to join our growing digital practice. The apprentice will be part of a dynamic team of interactive communications specialists and technologists. This team includes strategists, designers, programmers, social media experts, and online advertising leaders. The apprenticeship is a paid, three-month position.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will build websites based on design requirements while implementing best practices for usability, responsiveness and interactivity. He/she will work closely with our developers to create websites on content management solutions, working with designers and content experts from project initiation through successful launch. Ideal candidates should have experience producing websites from concept through to launch and ongoing improvement. This individual works adeptly in a team environment and can effectively communicate with other developers, designers and non-technical personnel.
Additional responsibilities of the position will include
- Manage client expectations and team communication flow relating to project requirements, development and delivery.
- Resolve challenges that arise during the process and develop action plans to address potential project roadblocks.
- Maintain current knowledge of web standards and best practices, such as responsive design/development.
- Serve as liaison to internal business partners, clients, and third-party vendors to ensure successful project delivery.
- Provide digital counsel for colleagues and public affairs clients that range from Fortune 10 businesses to some of the nation’s leading non-profits.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, graphic or web design, or another related field of study.
- Ability to develop cross-browser and cross-platform solutions
- Advanced knowledge of jQuery
- Broad CMS integration experience, in particular with WordPress and/or Drupal.
- Development experience with APIs (such as Google maps or search, Facebook authentication, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Experience working on LAMP stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) or other full stack environments.
- Familiarity with database management, structure and strategy.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, especially testing and quality assurance.
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines.
VOX is accepting positions for Fall 2017 fellowships at our Washington, D.C and Indianapolis offices. The apprenticeship will run September 1 – December 29, 2017. The application deadline is Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.