Welcome to the The Intersection. In this issue, we explore online learning at the K-12 and higher education level, and a new player in this evolving industry: massive open online courses, or MOOCs.
Although these web-based learning platforms are attracting students—and funders—in droves, there is debate among employers, university administrators and educators around the viability of this model, and what the $60.5+ billion online learning industry means for the future of learning.
We invite you to set aside your existing notions about what constitutes as a school experience and to consider the following articles compiled by the VOX Education Practice group. We hope these resources help you gain valuable insight into a dynamic movement that is set to change education forever.
Enjoy this issue of The Intersection; we look forward to your input and feedback.
- MOOCs: Media Darling?by Cameron Munson
- Who will determine MOOCs’ Fate?by Jessica L. Abensour
- Technology in Education: A Day in the Life
- The Topics We’re Watching in Online Education
- The Ongoing Online Learning Debateby Michael J. Marker
- The Money Behind the MOOCs
- Online Education: An Emerging Economic Sector
- Technology Redefining Education Landscape
- View All Editions of The Intersection