VOX Indianapolis | VOX Dallas | VOX Washington DC
Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship
Washington, D.C.; Indianapolis; Dallas
Who We Are:
VOX Global is a bipartisan strategic communications firm that combines the intensity and agility of a political campaign with the experience of working for some of the most well-known companies and organizations in the world. VOX Global is also a sister-agency to FleishmanHillard, a global leader in communications and marketing whose founder serves as the namesake for the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship:
Alfred Fleishman, a founder of FleishmanHillard, was dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. He was instrumental in bringing underrepresented groups together for dialogue and community. In his honor, VOX Global and FleishmanHillard offer the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship program.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are six- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our firm, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
What You Will Do:
Fleishman Fellows at VOX Global serve as essential members of client teams, while also benefitting from ongoing mentorship and professional guidance from leading communications and public affairs professionals at VOX.
During the fellowship, individuals will have the opportunity to:
- Write, edit and proofread materials in AP style, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets, blog posts, website content and client correspondence
- Pitch story ideas to relevant media and participate in brainstorm sessions
- Contribute to the new business process, including research and proposal preparation
- Monitor, research, compile and analyze client media coverage in both online and offline channels
- Be involved in social media projects — from research, copywriting, community management and reporting
- Candidates with design and/or digital expertise may also provide design support on projects ranging from infographic development, animation, and collateral or web design
- Contribute to agency and/or client diversity and inclusion initiatives
Strong interest in communications, government relations and issue advocacy with exceptional attention to detail and writing skills is strongly preferred.
Qualified applicants must have:
- A minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Completion of their junior year of college, though recent graduates are preferred
- Three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing or advertising
- A strong career interest in communications
- A demonstrated passion for ethnic or cultural diversity
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media.
- The ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish is also beneficial, but not required.
Criteria to Apply:
Your Application Submission Must Include:
- Completed application Resume and cover letter
- Two writing samples — news releases, pitch letters, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries, and other relevant writing items; please limit each sample to two pages
- For candidates seeking, design and/or digital roles should also submit a portfolio
All materials must be submitted online before an application will be considered complete and ready for review
Questions about the Fleishman Fellowship at VOX Global
All applications must be submitted by March 13, 2020. The fellowship program will typically begin by May/June 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does FH provide relocation assistance to fellows? We do not offer financial relocation assistance for the fellowship; however, we do offer information and resources to aid fellows in their housing search.
- Can applicants apply to multiple locations? The program application asks for your top three location preferences, but you may also apply to other locations of interest. In addition, we may contact you to inquire about your interest in locations to which you have not applied if your background aligns with our needs.
- Does FH provide visa sponsorship for fellows? We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for the fellowship. However, we do accept all applicants who are authorized to work in the United States, including those on student visas.
- How many fellowship positions are available? The number of fellows hired each year varies based on office and business needs at that time.
- What is the duration of the fellowship? Fellowships are intended to last a minimum of six months up to one year.
- When will applicants be contacted for interviews? The interview process begins in March and typically concludes with hiring decisions in late April.
- Where should letters of recommendation be sent? If requested, letters of recommendation should be submitted as an attachment and emailed to DiversityFellowship@fleishman.com.
- To whom should application materials be addressed? Materials should be addressed to the AFDF Selection Committee.
- Where do I upload materials? Materials should be uploaded under the resume/attachments section of your online application.
All other questions regarding the fellowship should be sent to DiversityFellowship@fleishman.com. For questions specific to VOX Global, contact Jonathan Coffin, Senior Vice President, at email@example.com