POSITION OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
VOX Global, a strategic communications firm, has an immediate opening for a hands-on, self-starting Senior Vice President to lead our social media capabilities. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, proactive communications professional with strong communications skills to lead social media strategy and content development with a collaborative team across a range of clients.
The ideal candidate will be a key leader in VOX Global’s Social Media Practice Group, and will be instrumental in cultivating and growing accounts while managing a team of high performers. We are seeking a big picture thinker who can inspire our team to produce exceptional work for global clients as well as champion new ideas that drive business and reputational growth. The ideal candidate is as comfortable leading teams and strategy as doing the work.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as senior social media strategist embedded on account teams for multiple global brands.
- Work with senior leadership to continue to raise the profile of VOX’s Social Media Practice through business development and marketing efforts, and by leveraging the deep expertise that currently exists within the team to pursue the significant opportunities that exist in both the DC and global marketplaces. Grow Social Media portfolio through organic and new business efforts.
- Play a pivotal role in leading day-to-day social and digital strategy for a variety of account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Draft VOX point of view documents regarding relevant and timely social media platform changes and/or updates, research new and emerging trends/social platforms, schedule, plan and participate in internal and external social and digital training and webinars.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with industry experts, platform representatives and influencers.
- 10-12+ years of demonstrably significant and successful experience in creating and leading impactful, comprehensive social campaigns. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience, particularly in an interactive environment, is a plus.
- Experience interfacing directly with clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep experience in social media strategy, including organic and paid social media, across all platforms and communications channels, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, and similar messaging services.
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
- Experience gathering and analyzing social media conversation data to derive insights and apply them to content and campaign strategy and used to inform community management activities. Ability to use data to optimize social campaigns. Extensive experience developing social media reports for a wide net of executives with varied levels of understanding about social media.
- Demonstrated expertise in social media storytelling including overseeing development of digital creative, and production of social content for both organic and paid distribution. Deep experience managing social and digital channels from publication to community management.
- Hands-on social media program execution (strategy and content development, community management, influencer engagement).
- Experience with some of the following digital + social platforms (Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr, Spredfast, Netbase, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Traackr, etc.).
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of VOX Global.
ABOUT VOX GLOBAL
VOX Global is a strategic communications firm that combines decades of experience with the private sector, government, political and nonprofit organizations to create customized programs that raise awareness, influence public opinion and move people to action.
Our strategic approach combines our deep understanding of public perception, influence, stakeholder engagement, media and research to help achieve our clients’ goals. For each project, we build a specialized team that will effectively tell our clients’ stories to the audiences they care about most.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, VOX’s 60+ professionals work in Sacramento, Dallas, Raleigh, Indianapolis, Boston and Nashville. VOX also boasts a national, bipartisan network of more than 400 political and public affairs professionals. Visit us at http://voxglobal.com/.