Welcome to the latest issue of The Intersection, and the first of 2013. We start this year with a series of VOX conversations with serious and consequential voices from the media, think tanks, politics, industry and the policy world. These interviews cover a wide range of industries and issues and provide unique and primary insight into some of the most important political and policy questions of this year.
Enjoy these interviews; we look forward to your input and feedback.
Topics, the experts interviewed and links to the interviews follow:
- Environment – Joel Makower, executive editor of GreenBiz.com
- Federal Budget Battles – Mark Calabria, Director of Financial Regulation Studies for the Cato Institute
- Education – Congressman Luke Messer (IN-06), member of the House Education & Workforce Committee
- Health Care – Dr. Bob Blendon, Senior Associate Dean for Policy Translation and Leadership Development at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Energy – Shaun Wiggins, General Manager Global Public Relations, GE Power & Water
- Financial Services – Kevin Wack, Consumer Finance reporter for American Banker
- Immigration Reform – Author Hugh Aynesworth, retired Dallas Morning News reporter, Columnist Joe Olvera, an El Paso journalist ; and Juan Flores, executive director of the La Fe Policy Center
- Elections – Amy Walter, National Editor, Cook Political Report
- Congress, Corporate America and Climate Change: Who Moves First?
- VOX conversations: We start 2013 by sitting down with consequential voices from the media, think tanks, politics, industry and the policy world.by Robert Hoopes
- Health Care Reform Meets Budget Axe
- With 2012 Behind Us, 2014 is Just Around the Cornerby Robert Hoopes
- Immigration Reform: A View from the Lone Star Stateby Emily Alcantar
- The Fiscal Cliff Battle…To Be Continued, Againby Lizanne Sadlier
- Addressing the World’s Energy Needs
- The Financial Services Industry Braces for Uncertainty in 2013
- Education Reform in 2013by Michael J. Marker
- View All Editions of The Intersection